Aging in Place
- Boomer’s Roadmap for Aging in Place: From HomeCity.com, a Texas real estate website, with suggestions applicable to any part of the country.
- Fire Prevention, Preparedness and Recovery: Specific tips for seniors from HomeAdvisor.com.
- Smart Home Technology for Seniors: Devices for every room, including such things as automatic stove turn-off devices and key finders. “Smart home automation can make independent living comfortable and help with the everyday tasks of home management.”
- Home Modifications for Specific Needs: Some examples, from AARP Livable Communities, of simple modifications to make a home more user-friendly and livable.
- Personal Safety Nets: A pragmatic way of preparing for the surprises in life by building a plan to increase resourcefulness and resilience for you and those you care about.
- Retiring in Your Own Home: A list of suggestions from HomeAdvisor, on how Baby Boomers can age in place, with links to related articles.
- The Village Movement: Redefining Aging in Place: An article on Next Avenue about this new approach that allows people to stay in their homes while easing the burden on their family caregivers.
- Villages: Helping People Age in Place: An article in the AARP Magazine on how villages allow people to stay in their homes longer.
- Villages NW: Developing and nurturing a network of sustainable, community-based Villages throughout the region to enable more Pacific NW residents to successfully age in place. Located in Portland, Oregon.
- Village to Village Network: A national peer-to-peer network to help establish and continuously improve management of local villages, whether in large metropolitan areas, rural towns, or suburban settings.
Switch to our mobile site