Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Medication Management: A guide that includes tips for caregivers and medication list template; medication management tools; drug interactions to be aware of; and common side effects and medication issues specific to dementia and Alzheimer’s. From SingleCare.
- Alzheimer’s Association: Formed in 1980, the Alzheimer’s Association advances research to end Alzheimer’s and dementia while enhancing care for those living with the disease.
- Alzheimer’s, Dementia and Sleep: An article that includes information on lifestyle changes that can be helpful in getting better rest for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia, support for caregivers, and additional resources. From SlumberYard.
- Alzheimer’s Navigator: Helps guide caregivers by creating a personalized action plan and linking you to information, support and local resources.
- Alzheimer Society of Washington: Educating people about dementia-related diseases and providing hope to those affected by offering support and resources.
- Connecting with AAPI About Dementia: An Action Guide for Service Providers: A new research-informed action guide for community organizations working to educate and empower Asian-American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities about dementia. From the Health Promotion Resource Center.
- Elderwise: The Elderwise Spirit-centered Care model provides a structured program of arts, exercise, discussion, and shared community, offering enrichment for the frail elder and respite for caregivers.
- Guide to Stair Safety for a Person with Dementia: Because the brain controls our physical movement as well as our mental processes, dementia can also cause mobility problems. This guide was produced for British readers, but contains some helpful information for people wherever they’re located.
- Living with Alzheimer’s Disease: This guide shares resources that can help you “find the support, tips and care services that can help you and your family during every stage of the disease. From HelpAdvisor.
- Mobile Apps for Alzheimer’s Patients and Their Caregivers: A guide to useful apps for caregivers as well as entertainment, memory training, and day-to-day support for those with Alzheimer’s. From Daily Wireless.
- Momentia: A grassroots movement empowering people with memory loss and their loved ones to remain connected and active in the community.
- Washington State Chapter of Alzheimer’s Association: Serving Washington and Northern Idaho, offering advocacy, support groups, education and more.
- What Do We Know About Diet and the Prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease?: “One diet that shows some promising evidence is the Mediterranean diet, which emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, fish, and other seafood; unsaturated fats such as olive oils; and low amounts of red meat, eggs, and sweets.” Lists specific weekly dietary recommendations. From the NIH National Institute on Aging.
Financial and Legal Planning
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia: Financial and Legal Planning for Patients and Families: Information that ranges from warning signs to look out for, to how to financially prepare, care options and additional resources.
- Legal and Financial Planning for People with Alzheimer’s Disease Fact Sheet: From the National Institute on Aging.
- Legal Planning for Dementia and Alzheimer’s: A guide for patients and their families on the Just Great Lawyers website, which helps people locate, compare and contact attorneys.