Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- Complete Guide for Veteran Seniors: From the National Council for Aging Care, “a resource to help seniors and their families learn more about the specifics of planning for their later years.”
- Senior Veterans Service Alliance: Lists appeals agents, advocates and eldercare services in many areas of the country, which help senior veterans and their survivors understand veterans benefits available to them.
- Understanding PTSD: An infographic that addresses what PTSD is, what the treatments are, what causes it, and what the common misconceptions about the illness are.
- Veteran’s Aid and Attendance Pension (A&A Pension): VeteranAid.org provides information, free of charge, to veterans, their spouses and families about the A&A Pension, which provides benefits that reduce the cost of senior care for veterans and surviving spouses who require assisted living.
- Veterans and Homelessness: While written specifically for a community in Florida, this guide contains a lot of helpful information for veterans facing homelessness, and those who want to support them, anywhere in the country. From Dr. Paul’s By The Sea.
- Veteran Rights and Discrimination: A guide for veterans who feel as though they’ve been discriminated against and want to understand what discrimination can look like, what their rights are, as well as their options of defense. From Florin Roebig, Trial Attorneys.
Addiction and Substance Abuse
- Contingency Management: Since 2011, the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) has treated substance use disorders with contingency management (CM), a technique that promotes abstinence from drugs and alcohol. From Sunshine Behavioral Health.
- Help for Veterans Struggling with Addiction: A guide from Denver Recovery Center, which includes an overview of substance abuse among veterans as well as specific topics, including addiction and its relation to pain, PTSD, suicide, and addiction among women veterans.
- Substance Abuse Resources for Veterans: Questions about veteran substance abuse addressed, as well as information on rehab centers and VA options; from The Recovery Village.
- Veterans and Substance Abuse: Statistical information, causes, symptoms, and where to find help. From AddictionResource.com.
- Veterans and Tobacco Addiction: Where to Seek Support: Information about and links to resources about nicotine addiction and how to quit.
Alcoholism in Veterans
- Information about alcohol abuse and its relationship to PTSD, its effects on individuals and families, and resources for veterans with Alcohol Use Disorder. From Alcohol Addiction Center,
- Another site with information about PTSD, identifying alcohol abuse in veterans, treatment options, etc. From Alcohol Rehab Guide.
- VA Disability Rates: A table that shows the VA disability payout rates for 2018, showing what percentage of disabled veterans end up with which rates. It also compares rates between those with spouses and children, along with some other considerations. From Berry Law Firm.
- VA Disability Calculator: A website that allows you to enter the location and extent of your disability and then calculates “your combined disability percentage and monthly payment amount.” Also from Berry Law Firm.