Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- Brain Games, Activities and More: Resources for preventing memory loss, including activities, games, crafts and apps, as well as information about the different kinds of memory loss. From WordFinder by YourDictionary.
- RetiredBrains: An online job and information resource for boomers, retirees and people planning their retirement years.
- Volunteer Abroad Programs for Senior Travelers: A list put together by GoOverseas.
- Are Pre-Existing Mental Health Conditions Covered by Insurance?: A guide that answers this question and how to navigate the system. From Relax Like a Boss.
- The Art Of Mindfulness: A guide that shares “why being mindful matters and how to practice the art of mindfulness.” It also includes five short mindfulness experiences. From Relax Like a Boss.
- Embroidery for Mental Health: An article that discusses the link between embroidery and mindfulness, and explores how embroidery has long been used to improve mental health. From Bumblebee Linens.
- Health Benefits and Risks of Dog Ownership: Everything from how dogs help us cope with our physical and mental health, to the most popular dog breeds in shelters. From A Pup Above.
- How to Calm Anxiety (When You’re Freaking Out): A webpage that defines the different kinds of anxiety and offers advices on dealing with your own or someone else’s anxiety. From Fingerprint for Success.
- Journal Therapy for Self-Healing: A guide to some of the most common mental health problems, the benefits of journal therapy, and the best ways of maintaining the habit. From DaySpring Pens.
- Mental Health and Sleep: A guide to “understanding the correlation between inadequate sleep and mental distress” in order to “begin to find ways to improve sleep and lessen the risk or severity of mental health symptoms.” From The Mattress Nerd.
- Stress Management for Seniors: An online guide to physical, mental and lifestyle stress management tips from MobileHelp Medical Alert System.
Blogs and Other Publications
- 3rd Act Magazine: Published quarterly in Western Washington with articles and stories that speak directly to boomers and older adults. NWCCA Executive Director Rebecca Crichton and Board President Dori Gillam both have regular columns.
- Changing Aging, with Dr. Bill Thomas: Articles and blogs with a focus on changing the culture of aging
- CoGenerate: “Focuses on what the vast (and still growing) older population can do in collaboration with younger generations to solve our nation’s most pressing problems.”
- This Chair Rocks: A website, book, and blog committed to combatting ageism