Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- Brain Games, Activities and More: Resources for preventing memory loss, including activities, games, crafts and apps, as well as information about the different kinds of memory loss. From WordFinder by YourDictionary.
- How to Keep Your Brain Healthy as You Age: A video with tips from Seattle’s Swedish Medical Center.
- RetiredBrains: An online job and information resource for boomers, retirees and people planning their retirement years.
- Volunteer Abroad Programs for Senior Travelers: A list put together by GoOverseas.
- The Art Of Mindfulness: Why Mindfulness Matters: A guide that shares “why being mindful matters and how to practice the art of mindfulness.” It also includes five short mindfulness experiences.
- Embroidery for Mental Health: An article that discusses the link between embroidery and mindfulness, and explores how embroidery has long been used to improve mental health. From Bumblebee Linens.
- Health Benefits and Risks of Dog Ownership: Everything from how dogs help us cope with our physical and mental health, to the most popular dog breeds in shelters. From A Pup Above.
- How to Calm Anxiety (When You’re Freaking Out): A webpage that defines the different kinds of anxiety and offers advices on dealing with your own or someone else’s anxiety. From Fingerprint for Success.
- Mental Health and Sleep: A guide to “understanding the correlation between inadequate sleep and mental distress” in order to “begin to find ways to improve sleep and lessen the risk or severity of mental health symptoms.” From The Mattress Nerd.
- Stress Management for Seniors: An online guide to physical, mental and lifestyle stress management tips from MobileHelp Medical Alert System.
- Senior Isolation: A guide to “help identify the signs and symptoms of senior isolation, understand why and how seniors end up alone, and which offers some ways for seniors to become more socially connected.”
Blogs and Other Publications
- 3rd Act Magazine: Published quarterly in Western Washington with articles and stories that speak directly to boomers and older adults. NWCCA Executive Director Rebecca Crichton and Board President Dori Gillam both have regular columns.
- Changing Aging, with Dr. Bill Thomas: Articles and blogs with a focus on changing the culture of aging
- Encore.org: “Advances the idea of leveraging the skills and talents of experienced adults to improve communities and the world.”
- This Chair Rocks: A website, book, and blog committed to combatting ageism