Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- The Art Of Mindfulness: Why Mindfulness Matters: A guide that shares “why being mindful matters and how to practice the art of mindfulness.” It also includes five short mindfulness experiences.
- How to Cope With the Grief of Losing a Pet: Whether a pet goes naturally or must be put to sleep, the loss can be devastating. The author provides “a few tips I’ve taken away from the process of dealing with the grief of losing a pet.”
- How to Keep Your Brain Healthy as You Age: A video with tips from Seattle’s Swedish Medical Center.
- RetiredBrains: An online job and information resource for boomers, retirees and people planning their retirement years.
- Stress Management for Seniors: An online guide to physical, mental and lifestyle stress management tips from MobileHelp Medical Alert System.
- Senior Isolation: A guide to “help identify the signs and symptoms of senior isolation, understand why and how seniors end up alone, and which offers some ways for seniors to become more socially connected.”
- The Power of a Smidgen: Applied Brain Science: A video of a TEDx talk from Roger Anunsen, a pioneering cognitive intervention designer, on learning to love our brains.
- Volunteer Abroad Programs for Senior Travelers: A list put together by GoOverseas.
Blogs and Other Publications
- 3rd Act Magazine: Published quarterly in Western Washington with articles and stories that speak directly to boomers and older adults. NWCCA Executive Director Rebecca Crichton and Board President Dori Gillam both have regular columns.
- Changing Aging, with Dr. Bill Thomas: Articles and blogs with a focus on changing the culture of aging
- Encore.org: “Advances the idea of leveraging the skills and talents of experienced adults to improve communities and the world.”
- Synapse: Newsletter and blog from MINDRAMP Consulting, which “creates programs and services that promote brain health and mental flourishing.”
- This Chair Rocks: A website, book, and blog committed to combatting ageism
- Time Goes By: A personal blog from Ronni Bennett on, “What it’s really like to get old.”