Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- Eight Best Workouts for Older Adults: From Silver Sneakers, a free fitness program provided by many insurers. You can also subscribe to their twice-a-month newsletter.
- Exercise Essentials for Healthy Aging: Some basics from EverydayHealth.
- Exercising with Osteoporosis: Guidance from the Mayo Clinic.
- How Gentle Exercise Transforms Your Brain: A new study in the medical journal Complementary Therapies in Medicine found that “gentle exercise improved attention, brain processing speed and overall mental capacity.” Blood pressure, too. From Care2.
- Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL): A strength, balance and fitness program for adults 65 and over. The Washington State Department of Health, in collaboration with Wellness Place, Inc. administers the SAIL Program in Washington State.
- Stretching Exercises for Seniors to Improve Mobility: From Healthline.
- The Best and Worst Exercises for Bad Hips: A list from SilverSneakers.
- The 10-Minute Workout Every Traveler Needs: Useful list of exercises to do at home, too, not just when traveling. Another offering from SilverSneakers.
- 7 Best Foods to Eat Before Bed: Suggestions to “enhance your sleep quality” from Care2.
- 25 Easy Recipes for Senior Nutrition: A list offered by A Place for Mom to “help seniors and their families meet the challenge of healthy and simple cooking.”
- Senior Nutrition Guide: “Healthy diet foods for older adults.” From GERDHelp.
- Senior’s Guide to Healthy Eating: Suggestions and tips from Nifty Benefits, “a small team of ‘everyday’ guys and gals that are passionate about healthy food.”