Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
- Eight Best Workouts for Older Adults: From Silver Sneakers, a free fitness program provided by many insurers. You can also subscribe to their twice-a-month newsletter.
- Exercise Essentials for Healthy Aging: Some basics from EverydayHealth.
- Exercising with Osteoporosis: Guidance from the Mayo Clinic.
- Gardening Resources for Seniors: A guide that covers “four important elements of senior gardening after retirement, whether you’re brand new to gardening or have had an established garden for years.” From Insteading.
- How Gentle Exercise Transforms Your Brain: A new study in the medical journal Complementary Therapies in Medicine found that “gentle exercise improved attention, brain processing speed and overall mental capacity.” Blood pressure, too. From Care2.
- Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL): A strength, balance and fitness program for adults 65 and over. The Washington State Department of Health, in collaboration with Wellness Place, Inc. administers the SAIL Program in Washington State.
- Stretching Exercises for Seniors to Improve Mobility: From Healthline.
- The Best and Worst Exercises for Bad Hips: A list from SilverSneakers.
- The 10-Minute Workout Every Traveler Needs: Useful list of exercises to do at home, too, not just when traveling. Another offering from SilverSneakers.
- 7 Best Foods to Eat Before Bed: Suggestions to “enhance your sleep quality” from Care2.
- 25 Easy Recipes for Senior Nutrition: A list offered by A Place for Mom to “help seniors and their families meet the challenge of healthy and simple cooking.”
- The Gut-Brain Connection: “How diet and mental health are linked. Researchers in the emerging field of nutritional psychiatry are finding compelling evidence that your food choices and diet are directly linked to depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues.” From Rider University.
- Healthy Eating for Senior Citizens: A graphic guide to the what’s, how’s and why’s of healthy eating for seniors. From The Reviews Insider.
- Senior Nutrition Guide: “Healthy diet foods for older adults.” From GERDHelp.
- Senior Nutrition: Healthy Meals for the Elderly: A “look at the kinds of foods seniors should consider, as well as a few to avoid.” From Senior Lifestyle.
- Senior’s Guide to Healthy Eating: Suggestions and tips from Nifty Benefits, “a small team of ‘everyday’ guys and gals that are passionate about healthy food.”