- AgeWise King County: A monthly e-newsletter published by the Seattle-King Advisory Council on Aging and Disability Services.
- Area Agency on Aging for Seattle and King County: Plans, coordinates, and advocates for a comprehensive service delivery system for older adults, family caregivers and people with disabilities in King County.
- Eldercare Navigators: A Seattle-area company which “helps people make the best and most informed decisions when navigating the post hospital continuum.”
- King County Parkinson’s Disease Wellness Programs: Offered by American Parkinson’s Disease Association Northwest Chapter, an extensive listing, by locale, of activities for people living with Parkinson’s.
- Mindfulness Meditation. While these are not programs specifically aimed at seniors, they offer resources of value to people of all ages.
- Ananda Washington: Meditation, yoga, classes and events, Sunday services. Ananda is a global movement based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda. Events are held at the Ananda Meditation Temple, 23305 Bothell-Everett Highway, Bothell, or East West Bookshop of Seattle, 6407 12th Ave NE, Seattle.
- Cascadia Mindfulness Institute: The foundation of their offerings is the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Offering classes and retreats to individuals and organizations at a variety of venues.
- Mindfulness Northwest: Offering classes and retreats to communities and organizations in the Pacific NW.
- Seattle Insight Meditation Society: Classes, talks, meditation groups. Insight meditation is also known as mindfulness or Vipassana. 2729 6th Ave. S, Seattle
- Seattle Mindfulness Center: Offering community meditations, classes/groups and psychotherapy. 6306 Phinney Ave. N, Seattle
- NEST: Northeast Seattle Together: A non-profit grass-roots community in Northeast Seattle, which provides a strong support network through volunteers and trusted business referrals, so that older residents can stay in their homes, and engaged in their neighborhoods for as long as possible.
- Northwest Neighbors Network: A local nonprofit dedicated to helping area residents “age in place” with support from pre-screened professionals and area volunteers of all ages.
- Phinney Neighborhood Association Village: Like NEST, PNA Village is a local organization committed to offering the resources that support people’s ability to age in place.
- Sound Generations—Aging Your Way: An initiative to help Boomers transform their communities and create environments that support them as they age.
- Wider Horizons—Central Seattle’s Village for Life: Wider Horizon’s mission is to enable older residents of Central Seattle to participate in an intergenerational community that shares knowledge, experience, and services with each other, so living is easier and more joyful.
Switch to our mobile site