Inclusion in this list does not imply endorsement.
Consumer Guidance for the Disabled:
- Applying for a Job with a Disability or Impairment: Suggestions for jobs that suit different disabilities as well as “tips for creating a CV and a cover letter, and for the job interview.” Offered by Resume.io.
- Disability and Earned Income Tax Credit: Information from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Disability Assistance: An extensive list of information and resources for the disabled, military veterans and senior citizens.
- Disaster Safety for People with Disabilities: What to Do When Emergency Weather Strikes: A guide offered by RedFin.
- Electric Cars and Accessibility: A guide for drivers with disabilities that looks at “the barriers you might face, finding the best ways to overcome them, exploring what support is available to you,” and more. From U.K.-based AutoTrader.
- Guide to Disability Claims, Insurance and Benefits: From Marc Whitehead & Associates, a national disability benefits law firm.
- Home Health Care – Pros and Cons Plus Other Options: Breaks down what home health care includes, explains how payment works, as well as compares home health care to other similar services like palliative care and hospice. From RetireGuide.
- How to Get a Service Dog: A practical guide from PetListed.
Discounts and Products:
- Discounts, Health Care Resources, and Helpful Programs for People with Disabilities: A guide with tips on saving on everything from navigating Social Security benefits to everyday savings. From Dealspotr.com.
- Persons with Disabilities Discount Guide: A list of “stores and brands that offer discounts for persons with psychological, psychiatric, or cognitive disabilities. The list currently consists of more than 80 stores and services divided into 19 categories.” From Dealhack.
- Resources, Tips and Discounts on Mobility and Accessibility Products for Seniors and the Disabled: A look at “the different types of equipment and resources out there for anyone in need.” From Dealspotr.com.
Home Buying and Renting:
- Complete Guide to Home Loans for People with Disabilities: A guide with information on how the government defines a disability, Federal mortgage programs, non-profits offering assistance, knowing and understanding your rights, as well as further resources. From SelfLender.
- Disability Accommodation Request Letter: A sample letter written by “a tenant, or potential tenant, with a disability to request housing accommodations (or modifications) to ensure they have an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a property.” From iProperty Management.
- Finding Apartments for Disabled Apartment Hunters: Details of what accessible means to help you “be prepared with the right questions during your apartment search.” From ApartmentGuide.
- Home Modifications for Seniors and People with Disabilities: This guide was created to help readers consider options that will be within their budget and help them maintain their quality of life. From Reviews.com.
- Housing Resources for People with Disabilities: Such information as, can someone buy a home on disability Income, the FHA and types of loans and programs, VA home loans for veterans with disabilities, as well as help from state agencies alongside other help lines and resources. From UpHomes.
- Navigating a Move with a Disability: Guidance on making sure your new home is accessible, checking on forms of support from insurance or other sources, and more. From MyMove.
- Securing a Home Mortgage Loan with a Disability: A guide from MortgageCalculator.biz that takes you through the pros and cons of home ownership, the process of buying a home, understanding your rights, and gaining financial assistance.
- The Ultimate Guide to Finding and Renting Housing with Disabilities: A guide to understanding your rights; non-profit and federal benefits; finding and settling into an apartment or condo. From The Zebra.
- Your Ultimate Guide to Mortgages and Home Loans for People with Disabilities: Covering such areas as the home buying and loan processes, as well as mortgage programs for people with disabilities. From Rocket Mortgage.
- Creating a Wheelchair Friendly Home: Some steps that can be taken to make a home easier to maneuver and enjoy.
- Disability Accommodation Guide: A “snapshot of accessible accommodation in the USA,” including understanding what an accessible home is and how to choose or modify one to meet your needs. From HomeSage.
- Grants for Home Modification: Sixteen resources for homeowners with disability. From HomeAdvisor.
- Home Safety for People with Disabilities: “By going through this guide, you can create a ‘checklist’ of items to be aware of, allowing you to address any potential safety issues in your home.” From Basement Guides.
- How to Make a Bedroom Accessible for Disabilities: A guide to “modifying the home to accommodate for living with a disability.” From Mattress Advisor
- Making Your Home Disability Friendly: A guide from Tradesmen Costs, a UK company, though it seems to be written with a US audience in mind.
- Preparing Your Home for Extreme Weather: A guide for people with disabilities from WorkWave.
- Ultimate Disability Accommodations Guide: A guide to give you “insight into the steps you can take to ensure your home is disability-friendly, and how to take these steps in the most cost-effective manner possible.”
- Ultimate Guide to Home Remodeling for People with Disabilities: “Learn how to remodel your home to accommodate for you or a loved one’s disability through our tips on funding and design options for every room.” From Your Best Digs.
- Disabled Travel: Tips and resources to help disabled travelers and their companions anticipate some of the snags of accessible travel from SmarterTravel. Also includes a list of other resources designed for the disabled traveler.
- The Full Guide to Flying with a Disability: A guide with both statistics and specifics designed to ease traveling with a disability. From Parking4Less.
- A Guide to Traveling Internationally with a Service Animal: Includes pre-travel as well as travel tips. From DyeFor.
- How to Make Flying With Physical Disabilities Less Stressful: A guide that includes specifics about accessibility information at the top 15 airports in the US.
- Traveling Abroad with a Disability: Resource from Insurancewith, a “specialist medical travel insurance company,” that offers suggestions and about trip-planning with a disability.